Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Career Goals

I have many career goals in business which I strive for and will continue to strive for in the short and long term. I would like to work for a corporate level business in North America as a financial treasurer. During my work period I will also like to work towards a Masters of Business Administration degree in finance from a reputable University.

As a first year college student I may sound like a daydreamer but as W. Clement Stone said, “Aim for the moon, if you miss you may hit a star.” I plan on achieving the vision I have of my future through setting realistic goals for myself throughout the journey; and accomplishing them.

Through experience I understand that from time to time our plans may not come about as we had intended; regardless one shall still plan and set realistic goals. I attended Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo last year and was in the Honours Economics and Finance Management program but was not content with the environment away from home; hence decided to attend Sheridan.

My short term goals include attaining a 4.0 GPA in Sheridan College and attending Ryerson University next year in order to earn finance and accounting degree. In the long run I will be getting on hand experiences through co-op which will prepare me for the business workplace.

I intend on accomplishing my goals through hard work. I study and I am prepared for class in order to be triumphant academically which will allow me to reach my goals. I understand the journey might get tough but I am not fearful of working hard in order to achieve my goals.

http://www.cfacanada.org/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment