Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Favourite Sustainable and Disruptive Technologies

A disruptive technology that I use on a daily basis would be my IPod. IPod is a disruptive technology because when it was first introduced it offered the ability to store and play music through digital devices which caused it to replace CDs and tapes. It changed the whole experience and process of an audio player. I also prefer to watch my television on my LCD flat panel which is also an example of a disruptive technology because LCDs have replaced the cathode ray tube (CRT) technology, for computer displays and television sets. While Disruptive technologies are inventions that improve a product or service in ways, sustaining technologies are changes in technology that maintain the rate of improvement in customer value. Some of the examples for sustainable technology used by me on a daily basis would be railway. For me to get to school one of my modes of transportation is taking the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment